HOW TO USE HAVABUS SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE TO GET TO TAKSIM FROM SABIHA GOKCEN AIRPORT AND VICE VERSA
Last Updated on March 5, 2021 by Anjum
Airport transfers these days cost a lot, as most of the airports are far from the City Centre. Most people just hire a Taxi to go to their hotel but Taxis can be expensive depending upon the distance, traffic and the time it takes to reach your hotel in the City Centre.
If you plan your airport transfer ahead you can save a lot of money and time. Same is the case with Istanbul’s Sabiha Gokcen Airport. HAVABUS Shuttle Service from Sabiha Gokcen Airport provides a great alternative to Taxi or any other private transfer and it is extremely convenient and budget friendly. The only issue is that the service is only limited to 3 final stops.
SABIHA GOKCEN AIRPORT
In Istanbul, there are 2 airports, New Istanbul Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Sabiha Gokcen Airport is in the Asian side of Istanbul and it mostly caters to the low cost airlines and is the secondary base for Turkish Airlines. Sabiha Gokcen is situated 32 KM away from the City Centre.
HAVABUS SHUTTLE SERVICE
Havabus Shuttle Service is a shared airport transfer service that runs to and from Sabiha Gokcen Airport. The coaches take you from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to the city centre and back. Service runs every 30 minutes. Havabus goes to three stops within the city centre. They are:
Havabus does not go directly to Sultanahmet area but you will have to take a taxi from either Taksim or Kadikoy to go to Sultanahmet.
HOW TO USE HAVABUS AIRPORT SHUTTLE TO GO TO TAKSIM FROM SABIHA GOKCEN AIRPORT
In order to use Havabus Shuttle Service you need to do the following:
- Go outside the Sabiha Gokcen Airport and you will find a HAVABUS booth.
- If you are unable to locate it, just ask anyone about the Havabus or Havanas bus and go to their booth.
- Next, ask the attendant about which bus is going to Taksim and wait for the bus, if it is not already there.
- Give your luggage to the attendant. He will put it in the luggage compartment of the bus. Make sure it goes inside.
- Hop on the Bus and wait for the attendant to come and give you a ticket.
- Buy a ticket from the attendant. Ticket price is 18TL (about 3 US Dollars) per person one way including luggage. You can only pay in cash. The attendant will give you a paper ticket.
- When you reach Taksim, take your luggage and go to your hotel from there.
If your hotel is located within walking distance from the stop then you are in for business but if it is not within walking distance than you can just take a taxi from from your stop. It will reduce your cost more than half then if you would have taken a private taxi or a private transfer.
Kids 0-4 years can go free on Havabus.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO REACH TAKSIM
It takes approximately 90 to 100 minutes to reach Taksim. If you are heading to Sultanahmet, then take a taxi from Taksim. It will cost you about 25-35TL depending on the time and traffic.
WHERE DOES HAVABUS STOP AT TAKSIM SQUARE
At Taksim, the bus stops right at Point Hotel Takism, so if you are staying anywhere at Taksim square you won’t have to walk for more then 5-10 minutes. For exact location on Google Maps, click here.
HOW TO GET TO SABIHA GOKCEN FROM TAKSIM USING HAVABUS AIRPORT SHUTTLE
To go to Sabiha Gokcen Airport from Taksim, you need to go to the exact same spot from where the bus dropped you off and follow the same procedure again. Ticket price is same.
HAVABUS SHUTTLE TIMINGS TO AND FROM TAKSIM TOWARDS SABIHA GOKCEN
Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Taksim Departure Times:
From 4:00 am to 1:00 am after every 30 minutes a shuttle departs
From Taksim to Sabiha Gokcen Airport Departure Times:
From 3:30 am to 1:00 am after every 30 minutes a shuttle departs
For further information regarding time schedule and your designated stops, visit here.
To book tours for your trip to Turkey, follow this link to our partner website here.
- Share your travel experiences with others by creating your own website in under $2/month with this easy step by step guide.
Other Reads related to General Travel Tips:
This post was on Airport Transfer from Sabiha Gokcen to Taksim using Havabus Shuttle Service.