HOW TO BOOK PARAGLIDING TOUR IN OLUDENIZ / FETHIYE TURKEY ONLINE
Who wouldn’t like gliding in the air over a crystal clear pristine beach with some of the world’s best views. Even if you are not in favor of Paragliding you should try it at least once. The experience of paragliding is something out of this world.
WHAT IS PARAGLIDING?
Paragliding is a sport / recreational activity in which a wide canopy resembling a parachute is attached to a person’s body by a harness in order to allow them to glide through the air after jumping from or being lifted to a height. In Paragliding you can even reach the height of few thousand meters.
Tandem Paragliding is done when two people are attached to the same para glider. The instructor and the passenger both are attached to the same para glider. The Instructor maneuvers the flight and does all the work whereas the passenger enjoys the views and has the time of his or her life.
Most tourists opt for Tandem paragliding as they get to experience the breathtaking views without having to worry about how to take the flight and land when they are done. Hence if you have not done Paragliding before then it is always a good idea to do tandem paragliding rather then go all alone and end up in a problem.
Paragliding is different from Parasailing, as in Parasailing you are also connected to a boat and the height is not as high as when you do Paragliding. It is also different from Parachuting, as in Parachuting you get to jump from a plane and you deploy the parachute after jumping.
PARAGLIDING IN OLUDENIZ, FETHIYE TURKEY
Turkey has one of the best spot in the world when it comes to paragliding. The Blue Lagoon in Oludeniz, Fethiye is famous for its pristine beach and Tandem Paragliding. People from all over the world visit the place every year just for Paragliding. In fact the major attraction for Oludeniz, Fethiye is indeed Tandem paragliding.
The natural structure of Babadag mountain next to a clear blue beach is perfect for paragliding. You can jump from a height of more then couple of thousand meters and stay in the air for about 20-40 minutes depending on the wind and the weather.
You can go up the Babadag mountain through a car and then jump from the designated spots. Hundreds of people take their paragliding jump everyday from these spots.
- What is Tandem Paragliding
- How to Book the Tour Online
- Why Book this Tour
- How to take the Tour
- Important Points to Note
TANDEM PARAGLIDING TOUR
To do Tandem paragliding over Blue Lagoon in Oludeniz, Fethiye you need to book a tour from any of the tour agencies operating within the area or you have the option to book the tour online (more below). Each Tour operator has their own instructors and they charge differently depending on the rush season and the quality of their instructors and equipment.
Prices vary from tour operator to tour operator. Pick and drop from the hotel in Oludeniz or Fethiye is included in the tour. They will pick you from the hotel and will take you to the designated jumping spots on Babadag Mountain and from there you will have to jump and do your paragliding. Upon Landing you will be taken to the assembly point from there the tour operator will drop you off to your hotel.
WORD OF ADVICE
If you are going in a rush season then you should consider booking the tour online as it will save you the time of finding a tour operator in Oludeniz or Fethiye. If booked online, you can also book the best time for your tour according to your choice but if you book the tour at the destination than it is highly possible that you won’t get your preferred time and will have to alter your plans due to the amount of tourists opting for the same tour.
Furthermore, the best tour operators get booked really fast and you would want to go with the best as their equipment and instructors are the best in the business.
HOW TO BOOK PARAGLIDING TOUR IN OLUDENIZ, FETHIYE TURKEY ONLINE
If you like to plan ahead and save yourself the hassle of doing all the leg work at the destination rather then making the most of your time over there, than you should book the Paragliding tour online. In order to book the tour online you need to do the following:
- Go to this Link here.
- Select the number of people, date of tour and guide’s language.
- Click on Check Availability to view the options.
- Select the Starting Time for your Tour. You can choose from a variety of options.
- After selecting the Time Slot, click on Add to Cart.
- On the next screen, review the tour details like date and time and then click on Checkout.
- Give your personal details such as name, email, country and phone number etc.
- Provide the address of your hotel as pick and drop is included in your tour. You can avail this facility from Fethiye, Ovacik and Hisaronu. If you are in Oludeniz then you can just reach the tour operator by yourself through not more then a couple of minutes walk.
- If you don’t have your hotel booked yet, you can just tick the Add Address Later option and add the location of your hotel later before taking the tour.
- Select your Payment Method and press proceed to payment.
- Enter your Payment Details and pay for the tour.
- You will get confirmation on screen and through email as well.
- Your voucher will have all the details like pick up time and your details etc.
- If you have not given the address at the time of booking you can just add the address later by editing your booking through the details provided in the voucher / confirmation.
That’s it! Your tour is now booked and you can now get excited to have the time of your life.
WHY TAKE THIS TOUR?
Following are the advantages or salient features as to why you should book this tour online:
SKY SPORTS PARAGLIDING – BEST IN BUSINESS
This tour will be booked from Sky Sports Paragliding in Oludeniz who are the best in business and their spots get filled really quickly in rush season.
If due to any reason you want to cancel the tour, then you have the option of Free Cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts. This option gives you the peace of mind that if your dates change for the tour you can just alter your booking and do likewise.
Free Cancellation date and time will be clearly mentioned in your voucher.
MOBILE / PRINTED VOUCHERS ACCEPTED
You can just show your confirmation voucher on phone or in printed form to the tour representative when he is their to pick you up from your hotel.
Instructors are very professional and you can choose one depending on the language you understand. Options available are Turkish, English, Russian and French.
Tour Duration is for about 2-3 Hours.
INSURANCE AND TAXES INCLUDED
Insurance and all Taxes along with the ticket price for entering the Babadag National Park is included in the tour price. Babadag National Park is from where you will jump for this exhilarating experience.
HOW TO TAKE THE TOUR
Following is the procedure that you will go through on the day of the tour:
- At your prescribed pick up time, a tour representative will pick you up from your hotel and will take you to a central spot where all the other paragliders who are going to take the same tour will join you.
- You will then be taken to the Babadag National Park from where you will jump. It is a 30 minute drive from the base of the mountain.
- Once there your instructor will guide you on what to do and what not to do.
- If you want Photography then you will have to ask the instructor before taking the flight. It is charged separately and you will have to pay in cash to the instructor or the tour operator.
- Now the Instructor will tie the harness to you and himself and you will be ready to jump.
- You will have to run for about 20 meters and then jump to start your paragliding experience. Hundreds of other paragliders will be there and doing the same.
- Once in the air you will see the blue lagoon below and the views are simply breathtaking.
- Depending on the winds you can stay in the air from 25 – 40 minutes and enjoy the ride of your life.
- You don’t have to do anything. Everything will be done by your instructor. If you want to take charge for some time you can always ask your instructor to give you the control.
- You can also ask the instructor from some aerial aerobics but beware these stunts are not for the faint hearted.
- Upon Descending, your instructor will land with you in an open space. From there you will take a couple of minutes walk to the tour operator office.
- You will then be dropped off to your hotel after a mesmerizing experience.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Some Important Points to note:
WHAT TO BRING TO THE TOUR?
Wear Comfortable Shoes and bring your Sunglasses along.
Weather is constantly checked throughout the day and if it is not suitable for jump then you will have the option to choose a later time or you can get a full refund.
TOUR IS NOT SUITABLE FOR
- People with Heart Problems or Respiratory Issues
- People with Epilepsy
- Pregnant Women
- People who are scared of Heights
If you are going to Turkey for a vacation then Tandem Paragliding in Oludeniz Fethiye should be on top of your list. You will not regret making this decision for the rest of your life. It is such a memorable experience that will stay with you forever.
Read our other Posts related to Turkey
- How to Claim VAT Refund in Turkey / Tax Free Shopping
- Airport Transfer from New Istanbul Airport to Sultanahmet or Taksim Square using HAVAIST Shuttle Bus Service
- Airport transfer from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Taksim using Havabus Shuttle Service
- Shopping Places to visit in Istanbul
- How to get the Public Transport card Istanbulkart in Istanbul
Read our other Posts related to Travel
- What to Pack when Going on a Cruise with Children
- Why you should choose an All Inclusive Resort for your next Vacation
- Quality of Hotel OR Central Location, What to Choose?
- Essentials for Travelling with a Baby
This Post was on How to Book Tandem Paragliding Tour in Oludeniz, Fethiye Turkey online.
Like our Facebook Page.