CHEAP AND ECONOMICAL AIRPORT TRANSFER FROM NEW ISTANBUL AIRPORT TO SULTANAHMET OR TAKSIM SQUARE USING HAVAIST SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
Airport Transfers to and from your hotel can be a tricky and expensive thing. Most people just don’t plan airport transfers ahead and end up paying more than they should have. There are various ways to reach your hotel from the airport or from your hotel to airport in Istanbul but if you are looking for the most economical and convenient way, then you should opt for the HAVAIST Shuttle Bus service from the New Istanbul Airport.
NEW ISTANBUL AIRPORT
On 7th April 2019, the old Ataturk Airport was closed and the New Istanbul airport became operational. New Istanbul Airport is on the European side of Istanbul and is one of the most modern and largest airports in the world. If you are looking for the most convenient and economical airport transfer from the New Istanbul Airport then HAVAIST Shuttle Bus service is just for you.
HAVAIST SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
HAVAIST Shuttle Bus Service is a shared transfer service and runs after every 30 minutes from the airport and from 20 stops all around Istanbul. If your hotel is located within walking distance to any of these stops then you are in for business but if it is not within walking distance from any of the stops than you can just get off on the nearest one to your destination and take a taxi from there. It will reduce your cost more than half then if you would have taken a private taxi or a private transfer.
Also Read: How to Book HAGIA SOPHIA Skip the Line Guided Tour Online Beginner’s Guide on Why and How to Shop from AliExpress and get the product delivered anywhere in the World
Ticket Price varies from 16TL to 30TL one way depending on the destination you want to go. For Sultanahmet and Taksim area (popular tourist destinations with lots of hotels), the ticket price is 18TL (about 3 US Dollars) one way per person including luggage. The buses are very modern and high-end. The tickets can only be purchased using Istanbulkart which is a Istanbul Transport card and can be used on any public transport within Istanbul.
- Airport to Sultanahmet – 52 KM – takes about 100 minutes depending on traffic.
- Airport to Taksim – 40 KM – takes about 80 minutes depending on traffic.
You can easily get Istanbulkart from the new Istanbul Airport. There are 24 yellow coloured vending machines marked “Biletmatiks” at 4 different locations within the Airport. Istanbulkart can only be purchased using paper notes and the biletmatiks machines will only take 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 Lira currency notes. Machine will not return the change so be careful when inserting higher denomination currency notes. One Istanbulkart can be used for more than one person. For e.g. a couple can purchase one card and charge it twice to avail the HAVAIST Shuttle Service.The card can also be purchased from any metro station within the city or from small shops next to the metro stations. You can also read our other post on how to get Istanbulkart in Istanbul here.
UPDATE: Now Book a HAVAIST ticket Online
Now you have the facility to book the HAVAIST Shuttle Bus Service online as well to save you the time and effort when you reach New Istanbul Airport or when you are returning to New Istanbul Airport. Read our dedicated post on How to book Havaist Service online by clicking the link below:
HOW TO AVAIL THE SERVICE
- Go to level -2 in the New Istanbul Airport. Take any lift to Level -2 Floor for HAVAIST Buses towards any of the 20 stops.
- If you haven’t already purchased then buy a Istanbulkart and top it up as per your requirement.
- Look for the stop where you want to go and sit in the respective seating area. Wait for your bus.
- When the shuttle bus comes, give your luggage to the attendant and make sure that it goes in the luggage compartment of your bus.
- Now upon entering the bus scan your Istanbulkart to pay the fare.
- Take a seat and reach your designated stop.
- Exit the Bus and take your luggage and you are good to go to your hotel.
Same procedure is followed when you are returning back to airport from your hotel after your trip is over. The Bus will come to the same spot where it dropped you off.
WHERE DOES HAVAIST STOP AT TAKSIM SQUARE
At Taksim, the bus stops right at Point Hotel Taksim, so if you are staying at Point Hotel then you are right at its door step and even if you are staying anywhere at Taksim square you won’t have to walk for more then 5 minutes. For exact location on Google Maps, click here.
WHERE DOES HAVAIST STOP AT SULTANAHMET
At Sultanahmet area, the bus stops right next to the Ayasofya Meydani at Atmeydani Ceddasi (Street). From there you can take a taxi or walk towards your hotel. For exact location on Google Maps, click here.
HAVAIST Shuttle Bus Service is available for the following 20 designated stops:
- Alibeyköy Cep Station
- Bakirkoy Ido
- Madenler-Cekmekoy Metro
- Samandira Metro Tesisleri
For further information regarding time schedule and your designated stops, visit here.
To book tours for your trip to Istanbul, follow this link to our partner website here.
Other Posts related to Turkey:
- How to Book Paragliding Tour in Oludeniz, Fethiye Turkey Online
- How to Book HAGIA SOPHIA Skip the Line Guided Tour Online
- How to Get Unlimited 4G Portable WiFi Internet Device in Istanbul Turkey
- How to book HAVAIST Ticket Online
- How to get the Public Transport card Istanbulkart in Istanbul
- Shopping Places to visit in Istanbul
- Airport transfer from Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Taksim using Havabus Shuttle Service
- Airport Transfer from New Istanbul Airport to Sultanahmet or Taksim Square using HAVAIST Shuttle Bus Service
- How to Claim VAT Refund in Turkey / Tax Free Shopping
If you like the post and want to know more about upcoming posts then drop your email address and I will let you know when a new post is published or if you like, read my already published posts here or like our Facebook page to stay updated.
This post was on Cheap and Economical Airport Transfer from New Istanbul Airport to Sultanahmet or Taksim Square using Havaist Shuttle Bus Service.
Other Reads on Infinity Folder related to General Travel Tips:
- What to Pack when Going on a Cruise with Children
- Why you should choose an All Inclusive Resort for your next Vacation
- Quality of Hotel OR Central Location, What to Choose?
- Essentials for Travelling with a Baby